This property is named after the Gardera family, owners during the reign of King Louis XIV, but the current château was built under Napoleon III around 1850. Cordier, a Bordeaux wine merchant, acquired the property in 1951. Retaining the vineyards, the company ceded the château and its park to an association that there founded a hostel for schoolchildren and apprentices. Today, the property is in the hands of the Gonfrier family. Philippe and Eric Gonfrier seek to give full expression to this rich terroir year after year. Sitting atop a rocky spur overlooking the Garonne River, this estate offers one of the region’s most renowned views.
DOWNLOAD THE TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION
Le Gardera parcels are composed by clayey-gravelly soil with an excellent south-east exposure.DOWNLOAD THE TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION
Le Gardera parcels are composed by clayey-gravelly soil with an excellent south-east exposure. The mechanical work of the soil are carried out rigorously in order to favour a biodiversity in the vineyard.
“Le Ruisseau” is a wine produced with grapes from a cadastral parcel of the same name. On this very surveyed land hillsides flow many streams that draw space locally. This parcel of one hectare is ideal for the production of Sauvignon Blanc. Thanks to a silty clay soil structure on a plot in height and a northeast exposure, the grapes surprise by their freshness and bouquet.DOWNLOAD THE TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION