This property is named after the Gardera family, owners during the reign of King Louis XIV, but the current château was built under Napoleon III around 1850. Cordier, a Bordeaux wine merchant, acquired the property in 1951. Retaining the vineyards, the company ceded the château and its park to an association that there founded a hostel for schoolchildren and apprentices. Today, the property is in the hands of the Gonfrier family. Philippe and Eric Gonfrier seek to give full expression to this rich terroir year after year. Sitting atop a rocky spur overlooking the Garonne River, this estate offers one of the region’s most renowned views.